• Announcement: Lua.org now officially recommends this forum as a meeting place for the Lua community

Love2D and ECS (1 Viewer)

kinderalpha

Newcomer
Reaction score
I know this forum is brand new. Not many people wanna get involved in new things, but I'll still ask.

Anybody browsing this have experience with implementing or using an ECS or ECS library with the Love 2D framework? If so, how has that gone for you? I'm just now learning about DOD over OOP and really wanna share some thoughts on using it inside Love. Currently using Concord, and it's pretty suitable so far. I keep tracing back to my habits of structuring things based on objects and inheritance so I'm constantly evaluating what I'm doing which has been a tremendously beneficial habit to get into.

Just an open discussion about Love 2D and DOD game design. Looking forward to hearing from anybody on the subject. Thanks.

younyokel

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
stackoverflow.com
Are you using this feature? If so, there are some projects made by different volunteers: Tetris (by Pikashira), A Cat Game (by Flameendless). You can examine them and learn something :)